In collaboration with Lorna Jane at Huntington Beach, ScientiFIT brings you an informative lecture on
Published on June 11th, 2012 | by ScientiFIT0
Start Your Week with This New Treadmill Interval Routine
Our stance on interval routines is clear: There is scientific data to support their efficacy and therefore, ScientiFIT is a fan!
Today, we add to that list the following pure cardio workout:
Duration: 20 minutes
- Warm-up: 1 minute at speeds of 3.7-4.0 (depending on fitness level)
- Four 1-minute intervals with increasing speeds of 0.5 at every interval: Start at speeds 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 (depending on fitness level) and increase your speed by 0.5 every minute for 4 minutes (i.e. if starting at speed 6.0, jog at 6.0 for 1 minute, then at 6.5 for 1 minute, 7.0 for 1 minute, and 8.0 for 1 minute)
- Repeat: Once you have completed your last minute, return back to the starting speed in step 2 (i.e. if you started at 6.0, return to that speed) and repeat the interval in step 2 four times
- Finisher: Run at your maximum capacity speed (i.e. 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 or even higher, depending on fitness level) for 1 minute
- Cool down: 1 minute at speeds of 3.7-4.0 (depending on fitness level)
Enjoy your stretch and post-workout shake.